Enhance your classroom teaching with a dairy farm visit
If you're teaching or planning to teach a topic based around dairy farming, why not book a dairy farm visit to give your class the real 'behind the farm gate' experience to reinforce their learning.
The service is entirely free as our dedicated farmers volunteer their time. There is also a limited amount of transport funding available each year, which you may qualify for.
To be eligible for transport funding your school will need to:
- Use at least one of the Rosie's Education resources in your classroom and provide evidence of this.
- Contribute to our shared blog with a post (including photos) about your class trip.
If you are committed to visiting a farm please fill in the form below.
- Booking requests must be made at least one month prior to your preferred visit date.
- We always try and match your visit to the closest available farm to your school, keeping travel time to a minimum. However, travel times of around 1 hour are usually necessary and will vary depending on your location and farmer availability.
- In some areas farmer availability is limited and if several requests have been received and local farmers are fully booked, we may need to match you with a farmer further afield.
- Farm visits can only be held at certain times of the year. The range of experiences your class will encounter on farm depends on seasonal variations within the farming calendar.